How to use a custom domain name
By default all Worksites accounts are assigned a “worksites.net” domain name. For example,
yourcompany.worksites.net. You choose this domain when you first sign up, and can change it at any time within the app. However, it’s likely that you will prefer to use a custom domain name. Here are the steps required to setup a custom domain name within Worksites.net.
Update your Worksites.net account
- Register a Worksites.net account if you haven’t done so yet.
- Build your website, and publish it when ready.
Step 10, click the
I’d like to use my own domain namecheck-box.
- Enter your custom domain name in the
Your domain namefield.
Register a domain name
If you do not yet own a custom domain name, you’ll need to purchase one at a domain registrar of your choice. We recommend Hover.
Update your domain’s DNS information
This is where things get a little technical. Don’t worry, your domain registrar will gladly help you with the following steps.
- Call your domain registrar.
Ask them to change the following DNS settings for you.
Please set the following “A” DNS records:
- You're done! Now just wait patiently for your website to go live. DNS changes can take up to 24 hours.
Guides & Articles
- How to register Video
- How to login Video
- Step 1: The Company Video
- Step 2: The Team Video
- Step 3: Contact Information Video
- Step 4: Service Area Video
- Step 6: Associations Video
- Step 7: Testimonials Video
- Step 8: Social Media Video
- Step 9: Logo & Design Video
- Step 10: Domain Name Video
- How to publish your website Video
- How to use a custom domain name
- How to connect your Google Analytics account
- Forgot your account password?
- Why do you not have a support phone number?